The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] Creating default object from empty value - Line: 11 - File: inc/plugins/tapatalk.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/inc/plugins/tapatalk.php 11 errorHandler->error
/inc/class_plugins.php 38 require_once
/inc/init.php 233 pluginSystem->load
/global.php 18 require_once
/showthread.php 24 require_once

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can sport betting be a form of investment?
As a kid in 60″s UK, where betting had recently been made legal, I and my friend put bets on for his Dad. He would wrap half a crown (12.5p) into his betting slip. Errands which were both unwanted and unpaid.

Kids weren't allowed in Bookies shops. We had to enter via the back door, but bizarely could leave via the front door. The bookie was named John Jones and as we entered the back door we squeezed past his gleaming new Jaguar (I now know it was a MK10). Handed over the paper and got a paper back. Occasionally we would pick up winnings a fiver once or twice. More often nothing or ten Bob.

As we left the smoke filled room we walked past a row of bicycles- which the punters had arrived on.

Aged 6 or 7 I cottoned on to the fact that John Jones was the only winner in his Bookies shop- he had a Jag, punters had bikes.

So my 2 cents is that what you're doing wrong in sports betting is sports betting. You're trying to beat a system which has been specifically designed to relieve you of your hard earned.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Can sport betting be a form of investment? - Jacksmith7 - 12-20-2022, 07:10 AM
Top Car Selling Advice - FrankJScott - 01-25-2023, 01:18 PM